By Onome Oghenetega
A mother and her three children have reportedly survived a cooking gas explosion in Warri, Delta state.
The incident which occurred Friday, along Idiaregbe street, Okumagba Layout, Warri, saw the victims sustain different degrees of injury.
WARRI TODAY gathered that the kitchen in the three-bedroom flat apartment, was razed down as a result of the explosion.
The camp gas was observed to have deep cuts.
According to a source, who asked for anonymity, the cooking gas had earlier been turned on by one of the children unknown to their mother.
The source added that the gas exploded immediately the woman strike match resulting in her and the children sustaining severe burns.
- Four workers killed, scores trapped as ‘hotel’ building collapses in Abraka
- ELOZINO OGEGE: Tears, Tribute As DELSU Student Killed By ‘Money Ritualists’ Is Buried
- Diebiri-Batan Community Protests Over Exclusion From Okowa’s DESOPADEC Appointments
- DESOPADEC: Why Ijaw Protesting Community Shut Down NPDC Flow Station in Delta
“As the woman struck the match, what we heard was a loud noise. We later saw fire coming out of the apartment and before we rushed down to help, the kitchen was already burnt down.
“The camp gas had a big cut in between. But thank God for saving the situation.”
Fire fighters, as well as other residents of the area are making efforts to put out the fire as at the time of filing this report.
The victims were reported to have received medical aid at a private hospital in the area before being referred to Delta State Teaching Hospital, Oghara.