By Onome Oghenetega
No fewer than five buildings have been reportedly razed down by early morning fire at the popular Effurun Mammy Market in the Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.
WARRI TODAY learnt that the fire started at about 9am on Thursday morning from one of the makeshift buildings in the area.
Largely affected by the inferno is the Mammy Market 1 which is located along the popular NPA Warri Expressway near the 3 Battalion Effurun.
It was not immediately clear what led to the fire outbreak, but our sources suspect it could have as a result of electric spark.
- Reps Speakership: Gbajabimila storms Ebonyi, seeks Umahi’s blessing
- Militants threaten to declare Niger Delta Republic June 1
- Delta Speaker Seeks Collaboration With Rivers Assembly On Economic, Environmental Devt
- FG Declares May 29, June 12 Public Holidays
- 16 Feared Killed In Latest Rivers Cult Wars
No human casualty was recorded at the time of filing this report.
Among the buildings said to have affected are blocks and makeshift buildings in the area.
Witnesses said properties worth several millions of naira were lost to the inferno which is currently been put by fire fighters and local efforts.